Commonwealth Towers Condo
Commonwealth Towers Condo is a 99-year leasehold with effect from 7th May 2013. Located on the 230 and 232 Commonwealth Avenue are these exquisite residential apartments. They are developed by the well-known Singapore developers the Hong Leong Holdings, CDL and Hong Kong Realty on a space of about 12,086.8 sqm.
Built on 43 floors are 845 units that are open for buying without any restriction of your nationality. They contain one to four bedrooms that are spacious. It has enough parking for 851 cars that include six parking slots for the handicap. Commonwealth Towers has outstanding facilities that include the Olympic swimming pool, parking, tight security, etc.
Commonwealth Towers Condo is developed by the Hong Leong Holdings in partnership with the Company City Developments (CDL) its sister company. This group of developers comes with such great in-depth expertise for many years in operation in the high-end real estate area.
Heong Leong Holdings is a real estate and investment company that was formed in 1968. It is one of the most trusted property markets in Singapore Heong Leong Holdings has developed over 55 residential properties and manages 12 commercial properties. All the projects they have developed are mid-market to luxury residential units in heartlands and the prime areas of Singapore.
City Developments Limited CDL is a Singapore-listed international property and hotel developer established in 1963. Their interests are in real estate, investments, facilities management and hotel ownership and management with over 300 subsidiaries and associated companies. Their network has a broad scope of about 80 locations in 20 countries which includes Europe, Asia, North America, New Zealand/Australia and the Middle East. They are top-notch developers having built over 22,000 quality homes across many nations.
Commonwealth Towers Condo Price
The rare development site was bidded at $562.8 million translating to a Commonwealth Towers psf ppr of $883. Comparing to its counterpart nearby such as The Crest Prince Charles Crescent and Highline Residences bidded at $960 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) and $1163 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) respectively. The fact that the land is acquired at a relatively attractive amount, the developer is able to set Commonwealth Towers price at an enticing range starting from only $750,000 for the 1 bedroom units.
Echelon by CDL, and Alex Residences by Singland, that received strong interest from buyers. Both are next to Redhill MRT, one station away.
The property price for Commonwealth Towers itself was $562,818,171, which So Commonwealth Towers pricing on average is in the $1,5xx / $1,7xx PSF range, with some units as low as $1,4xx PSF, and top floor units as high as $1,9xx PSF.
New launched condo,Queens Peak are selling at on average $1700psf.
Commonwealth Towers Condo Location
It is located along Commonwealth Avenue next to Queenstown MRT Station District 3 with many amenities surrounding the condo, Commonwealth Tower condominium is a short drive from to the Orchard Road shopping belt, as well as easily accessible via the AYE (Ayer Rajah Expressway) to the Raffles / Shenton / Marina Bay Financial District and the Southern waterfront of Vivocity and Sentosa.
This high-rise luxury condo is also a very short walk from Queenstown MRT station, which offers convenient travel to all parts of Singapore on the MRT lines island wide. Even within the estate itself, daily needs are well taken care of, including for recreation and relaxation.
Amenities Near Commonwealth Towers Condo
Given its central location, accessibility, surrounding amenities, and long established brand name developer, Commonwealth Towers condo makes an excellent choice for your own use, and certainly as an investment. It has everything that one would need, and want, in a place to stay – Comfort, views, all the necessities, recreational options, ease of access, with a touch of luxury thrown in.
Commonwealth Towers is easily accessible from different directions. They include:
- 100m walk from the Queenstown MRT Station
- Driving to Orchard Road will take you about 4 km.
- It is only 5 stations away from the Raffles place MRT Interchange station on the East West Line.
- Less than 3 kilometers drive down the Alexandra Road to the West Coast Highway leading to three major highways, the Ayer Rajah Expressway, Marina Coastal Expressway and East Coast Parkway all leading to Changi Airport and Marina Bay Financial District.
- 4 kilometers drive to the CTE.
- Anchorpoint Shopping Centre and IKEA Alexandra that are only 800 meters away.
- Queensway Shopping Centre and Alexandra Village that is a kilometer away.
- A walking distance of about 450 m to the Queenstown Stadium, Queenstown Sports, and Recreation Centre and Swimming Complex.
- Queensway public library is an only 350m walk.
- Only 2 kilometers to Southern Ridges Green Belt including to Telok Blangah Hill Park and Hortpark.
Commonwealth Tower Site Plan
The site layout plan of Commonwealth Towers Condo shows a lot of thought and the usual quality of Hong Leong attentions/City Developments attention to detail.
The blocks are surrounded by landscaping and pools with dining pavilions, children play areas and spas. There are 2 sky terraces in each block from which the residents can enjoy the city views while playing board games or relaxing in the lounges. The tennis court is drawn folded away in one corner.
One site gate opens to the Queenstown MRT station linkway and to the bus stop in front, while another side gate provides entry to the Alexandra Canal Linear Park.
Commonwealth Towers Condo Floor Plans
The floor plans of Commonwealth Towers are typical of Hong Leong/CDL and they are very functional layouts, squarish and practical and makes efficient use of the available space. The common bedrooms can accommodate a queen-sized bed and a lot of them come with en-suite bathrooms. There is a touch of class added to each unit’s master bedroom and all come with vanity mirrors and tops on two sides in typical 5-star hotel style.
Commonwealth Towers Condo Review
Commonwealth Towers is right opposite Queenstown MRT station, in the center of Queenstown. This is an established residential estate with all required comforts that are supporting. What exactly is exciting is the planned rejuvenation of Queenstown itself. Many encompassing sites are zoned for redevelopment.
What this means is that Commonwealth Towers, given it’s plum location next to the MRT station, is place to possibly reap gains that are great together with rejuvenation and the increase of the surrounding estate.
- Very short walk from Queenstown MRT Station.
- On the city fringe, within a short drive to Orchard Road, the Southern Waterfront, and the Central Business District (CBD).
- Located within a mature residential estate surrounded by a full range of shops & dining outlets (IKEA Alexandra, Queensway Shopping Centre and The Anchorage), leisure options, libraries & parks, and business hubs.
- TheStar Vista, a new retail and entertainment hub with over 100 stores, is located next to Buona Vista MRT station 2 train stops away.
- Well connected via a number of major arterial roads and expressways, and by rail connectivity island wide.
- Close to Mount Faber Park with Henderson Waves, The Southern Ridges, and Mount Faber Cable Car Station. The walk, which stretches from Mount Faber to Kent Ridge Park, boasts elevated walkways in the midst of treetop greenery.
- Potential tenants from nearby NUH, NUS, One-North-Fusionpolis, the Biopolis, Alexandra Technopark, Mapletree’s Business City.